Saturday, March 1, 2014

2014 Project Life | Week 6 (Disney!)

Hey there! I am so excited about the pages I'm sharing today! It's hard not to get excited about Disney. :)

I wanted these pages to be a broad overview of our vacation. I plan to put together a photo book with all the details, so I'm just hitting the highlights in my Project Life album. I used a mix of photos we took, PhotoPass photos, and stock Disney photos (from the Walt Disney World gallery disc). I didn't do a whole lot of journaling, and mainly just listed some of our favorites from each park.

It was tough to decide how to organize this spread. My brain wanted to do the usual chronological review from Monday to Sunday, but it worked out much better to do a section on each theme park. I visually divided each 12x12 Design A page into two columns, and used a Design H insert for two extra columns. So, the columns are: Intro, Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Animal Kingdom, Jedi Training, and Hollywood Studios. I added (or will add once I get the prints in the mail) a 5x7 horizontal page protector for the week card, which features a photo of our resort on the front (taken with my iPhone), and a calendar on the back showing what we did each day.

I decided to do a snapshot of each page as if I were turning the inserts, so there are about nine pictures below. Enjoy! ;)

2014 Project Life | Week 6 (1)

2014 Project Life | Week 6 (2)

2014 Project Life | Week 6 (3)

Close-ups:

2014 Project Life | Week 6 (1-Left)

2014 Project Life | Week 6 (1-Right)

2014 Project Life | Week 6 (2-Left)

2014 Project Life | Week 6 (2-Right)

2014 Project Life | Week 6 (3-Left)

2014 Project Life | Week 6 (3-Right)

Click on any of the images above for a list of credits on Flickr.

In case you're interested, here are links to reviews I wrote about some new Disney tech:
Disney Review Part 1: MagicBands
Disney Review Part 2: FastPass+
Disney Review Part 3: MyDisneyExperience

I'll be linking up with The Mom Creative on Tuesday. This Tuesday begins her change from weekly to monthly Project Life link-ups, so I may or may not continue posting my pages weekly. I guess that will depend on whether or not I have finished pages to post! Ha! ;)

I can't look at our pictures from Jedi Training without thinking about this:


Bwahahaha!! :)  Note: Be patient... the video doesn't really start until 15 seconds into the clip.

Hope you're having a nice weekend. We are supposed to get ice and snow tonight. Oh, boy!

signature-2
The Mom Creative

18 comments:

  1. I love your pages! Such a great way to highlight the trip in your Project Life album. I plan to do the same and make a separate book as well. I'm so glad you featured where you bought your digital Disney scrap supplies. I'm so excited to try them out this summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sonya! You're welcome! I have probably spent a few too many dollars on all the Project Mouse kits, but I just can't resist them! Ha! :)

      Delete
  2. Love the project mouse kits. The colors work so beautiful with all your pictures and all the little icons are so cute. Great pages for a great trip. Good idea to use Disney stock pictures as well to round things out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun layout and what an awesome time you had! It is so cute and colorful! Perfect Disney layout! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome pages! I love scrapping Disney too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Nirupama! I've pinned a few of your Disney pages. :)

      Delete
  5. Great way to capture the magic of a Disney trip!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all these pages! They're so beautifully organized. Now I want to go to Disney!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such fantastic pages! Love them! Fun cards highlighting the different parks, and I love all the photos of the four of you together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Annette! We utilized nearly every PhotoPass photographer we saw! :)

      Delete
  8. Wow, that was a fun filled trip. I can see how documenting it could be challenging, but love the way you've structured it. Great that you got so many photo's of all of you together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alida! I pre-purchased the Memory Maker PhotoPass card so that we could get lots of pictures taken by the PhotoPass photographers (and then not have to buy them individually later). :) It was expensive, but I am thankful for it! It helped me not stress over the pictures as much while we were there.

      Delete
  9. Oh my goodness.... Jenny, I LOVE LOVE LOVE this!! Incredible pages!! Looks like you had a BLAST! Do you print these are 12x12 or 5x7 and put in a physical pocket in an album? Or how to you fit the smaller pages in your book?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Krista! Thanks! :) These are in my 12x12 ring album in the Becky Higgins divided page protectors (Designs A, H, and 5x7). I printed all 4x6's, except for the 5x7 insert. I'm planning to do a photo book of our whole trip (probably at AdoramaPix.com), but I just wanted to include one spread of the whole week in my Project Life album. I did a digital photo book for Project Life last year, but this year I switched to using the physical album. :)

      Delete

Hi! I would love to hear from you! I try to reply to every comment, so be sure to check back. :)