Here are my Instagrams from the past week, starting with last Friday:
1. Cam doesn't take naps anymore... well, at least not scheduled ones. He fell asleep watching a Christmas sing-along DVD, and we had to work to get him to wake up to eat dinner. That yellow pillow is his favorite one on the couch. Braden prefers the green one. I think it's funny that they've each called dibs on different throw pillows.
2-3. Braden was showing me his forehand after his tennis class, and David stepped in to
David took the boys to visit his parents last weekend. I had fully intended to go with them, but as the time to leave drew near, I realized that I was completely unprepared to go, and would make them really late if I did go. It worked out because I needed time to wrap presents, and of course, I enjoyed some alone time.
4. Look at me making my own "brinner!" I never cook, so I'm always really proud of myself when I actually manage to cook something.
5. I got inspired to do a little painting project. I took pictures,
6. My main accomplishment for the weekend: presents wrapped! I tried something new-to-us this year and wrapped each person's gifts in a different paper (the short stack is the boys "together" gifts). I love making name tags, but I'm actually really excited about skipping that step this year! I think it will be a fun surprise for the boys to find out which gifts are theirs on Christmas morning. :)
7. The handle broke on our dishwasher last week (it won't latch, which means it won't run), so the sink has become the dishwasher and the dishwasher has become the drying rack. Ugh. It could be worse, of course, and I know I'll appreciate the dishwasher more than ever once it's fixed.
9. All ready for Christmas! I'm so glad the wrapping is done and I won't be up 'til 2 AM wrapping on Christmas Eve.
10. I was happy to see all my boys when they got home. Braden and Cameron put on a show for me that they worked up during "quiet time" in the playroom. It was a modified scene from Monsters Inc. So silly.
11. Braden needed gems for his rock collection project, so I let him put on some of my rings, and took a picture to put in his display. I told him where each ring came from, including the amethyst I bought when I was 7 with a big jar of coins I lugged to the jewelry store. He presented his collection to the class, and did a great job!
12. Braden posing with some friends during the class Christmas party. I know they are ALL ready for Christmas break!
Love insta-Friday! Great idea on the wrapping paper! I read a blog of a momma that has 6 kids, she wraps them all in their own paper. On christmas morning, there is a little piece of it in the bottom of their stocking that lets them know which pattern paper is theirs. Such a good idea!
ReplyDeleteHi Catherine! That's what I think I'll do. I kept a little piece of each and wrote their names on them when I was doing the wrapping. I was a little bit afraid that I might forget which was which. :) I also love that I didn't use any bags this year. Wrapping paper is way cheaper than gift bags, and we have a TON of cardboard boxes, so I just scrounged around in the garage until I found the right box for each gift (maybe David will appreciate me hoarding boxes now). ;)
Delete