Monday, November 5, 2012

InstaFriday/Monday

Is it Friday again? Oh, wait... It's Monday?! This (last) week was so busy. It flew.

2012-10-26 11.17.54 2012-10-27 00.46.06
1. Really, Roomba?? THIS is the best place to decide you're finished cleaning the room? I guess it beats cleaning under the bed myself.  I am thankful Roomba helped me get ready to host Bunco (sadly, no pics of that party).
2. All that cleaning made me tired. B snapped a picture of Cam and me napping on the couch.

2012-10-27 00.47.41 2012-10-27 00.50.00
3. Sweet boy. (photo by Braden) :)
4. Wake up, little brother, wake up!

Mary Poppins movie night. 10-26-2012
5. The feather duster is great for "Step in Time!" on Mary Poppins movie night. Love, love, love Mary Poppins. I have sung "Stay Awake" to the boys since they were babies.

2012-10-27 09.39.55 2012-10-28 14.12.10
6. A board for a DIY project. I really love the smell of fresh lumber.
7. My stud secured the lockers to some studs in the wall. ;)

2012-10-28 14.19.03 2012-10-28 14.24.13
8. Cam wanted to read the devotional, so I showed him where the picture said "Amen," but that wasn't good enough. He said, "but how do you read the words?" Braden offered to read it for him.
9. Braden enjoyed coloring the kids menu during lunch at Olive Garden after church.

2012-10-28 14.22.27 2012-10-28 14.25.44
10. Cameron told Daddy to puff up his cheeks so he could squeeze them. They had fun being silly.
11. Cam's always wiping his hands on his hair instead of using a napkin, so Daddy decided to just put a napkin on his head.

2012-10-28 14.29.13 2012-10-29 21.49.45
12. I cleaned out and reorganized the boys' closet. I moved the changing table out to the garage, and switched out all of Cameron's clothes (3T for 4T). Most of the shirts hanging here are the ones Braden wore when Cameron was first born. Crazy.
13. The boys were SO excited to carve pumpkins.

2012-10-30 18.19.18 2012-10-30 18.22.22
14. The boys fought over who got to stomp in the leaves while Daddy diligently disemboweled the pumpkin (like that alliteration?) :)
15. They raced up and down the sidewalk until it was too dark. Pumpkin carving takes a while...

2012-10-30 18.37.34 2012-10-30 18.35.31
16. Drying the seeds so we can roast them!
17. Goofy and Creepy.

2012-10-31 22.52.53 2012-10-31 22.56.58
18. Steak 'n Shake word searches are difficult.
19. "Buddy swinging" at a playdate on Monday (no homework since it's still Fall break!)

2012-10-31 23.02.03 2012-10-31 23.05.23
20. Cameron has his own clock now. We're hoping it will keep him in bed. He can get up when the green number is 7. He also is no longer taking naps. When he does, he's awake until 10 pm and then gets up at like 4 am. No nap means he goes to sleep at bedtime and stays asleep until 7 am or later.
21. Braden took this pic of Cam and me cuddling in the rocker just after singing the song, "I love you so much."

2012-10-31 08.06.46 2012-11-03 21.46.53
22. David asked me to paint an alien on the back of his head for the Halloween carnival at his office. His department's theme was Men in Black. He decided to be an alien because the agents had to wear suits.
23. First homeschool day at the new table.

2012-11-03 21.54.36
24. Happy Halloween from Swampy and Hulk!

2012-11-03 21.58.06 2012-11-03 22.00.06
25. Trick-or-Treating at Daddy's work. This was one of the less congested areas. There were lots of elaborate themes and TONS of candy.
26. All done. Time to go eat some dinner and then trick-or-treat in our neighborhood.

2012-11-03 22.26.16 2012-11-03 22.54.35
27. Just finished re-reading In the Circle of Time. I found this discarded library copy at a thrift store a few months ago. When I was in 5th grade, I checked it out of the school library. I loved it so much, I slept with it for days and kept it until I absolutely had to return it.
28. While I was hosting Bunco Thursday evening, David took the boys to visit his parents. They had fun shooting his old BB gun... until it broke. Time for a new one?

Well, that was our week! Did you have a fun Halloween? I have several friends who don't do Halloween. My friend, Ashley, had this sweet idea as an alternative. I love it! Hope you have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jenny, great "Insta-Friday" post again -- even if it went up on Monday. Boy, that Hulk outfit looked really scary! I noticed Braden did not wear the mask (hood?) during trick or treating at WalMart. Swampy was really cute. And, I liked the alien you painted on the back of David's head, too--much better than having to wear a black suit to work.

    I've been seeing some little boys I know -- age 6, in Arkansas and Missouri -- who got their first deer. Finally, old enough for the youth hunt. Braiden Dewey shot his deer with his dad's .223 rifle. That's a high powered gun. I know he's big for his age, but his use of that rifle and his perfect shot rather amazed me.

    The Reverse Trick-or-Treating idea from the Keylors is wonderful! What a fun, good deed! I know the elderly folks loved it! -- even if they can't eat candy with nuts in it anymore. ;-)

    Miss you guys. I'm really looking forward to my visit in December.

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I would love to hear from you! I try to reply to every comment, so be sure to check back. :)