Here are last week's Instagram photos (November 2-8, 2012):
I took my pal, Kendra, to the NWA Holiday Expo last Saturday. The Expo was a bit of a flop (this was the first year for it, and the date conflicted with UofA Homecoming - oops!), BUT it was completely worth it because we got to see Tim and Kara Paslay and all of their AWESOME Christmas decorating ideas! I told Kara that I usually dread decorating for Christmas (seriously, I do), but I am so pumped to get started this year because of all her fantabulous ideas!! They did a little presentation and told us how they made all the cool stuff in their display. She's been posting photos and tutorials on her blog the past week, so go check it out: Kara Paslay Designs
1. Kendra and I with Kara and Tim at the Expo. It was so fun, and I love Tim's wooden bow tie (I hear he'll be selling them soon).
2. One of my favorite ideas: decorating the tree with Instagram shots! (I think the ones Tim and Kara used are actual old photos, but Instagram prints would be perfect). I love the mason jar lights too!
3. Kendra and I went antiquing/thrifting after the Expo. These colorful painted crates were so fun. And, hello random wooden potty chair.
4. Kendra had to go home, but since my boys were still out of town having fun at Grammie and Pa Pa's house, I had some more time to myself and went to a few more shops.
5. I was smitten with this lovely file cabinet. Too bad the price was nearly $1000!
6. I thought this dresser was so neat. It looks like a house on the front.
7. I had a lot of fun shopping at flea markets all afternoon Saturday. I hit a half-price moving sale at one and went back to their new location on Sunday. So fun! I brought home a LOT of treasures (maybe a few too many??). :)
8. I voted! David, Cam, and I went to vote after I dropped B off at school. Cam thought we were going to "boat" and asked if we were going to catch fish. While we were waiting in line, he kept asking to go on the ceiling, and then we figured out he meant "sailing." Ha! Needless to say, he was disappointed.
9. Braden tried potato leek soup again and LOVED it!
10. See! I told you I was excited about decorating for Christmas. This is my attempt at a new Christmas wreath. I asked Braden if it looked like a snowman made out of wreaths, and he said, "No, it looks like an 8 with a bow on it. So, you know, when it's 8 days 'til Christmas, you can hang it up." Nice. I think it needs a third and larger wreath at the bottom. What do you think?
P.S. I just went over to Life Rearranged to grab the Insta-Friday link button, and discovered that I totally missed the Happy Day Project! I remember reading about it last year (after I missed it), and now I've missed it again. The good thing is, these happy things can be done pretty much any day!
Another wonderful Insta-Friday. I think I'm with Braden on the wreath. Yes, another circle, a couple of pieces of coal and at least a carrot may be needed.
ReplyDeleteWoW! You voted! I did, too. My decisions were based on whom did I think might do the least additional harm. Some won; some didn't. I voted absentee because I was in Mountain Home on Nov. 6. While there, I could not talk Debbie or Grandma into letting me take them to the polls. Yep, they were both that disgusted. I like Cam's ideas much better -- boating and sailing beat politics, hands down, 100% of the time!
Thanks, Mom! I agree. :)
DeleteI always have so much fun with you!! :) I have an idea of another place I want us to go....teehee!! Love all your beautiful and fun finds. I would definitely go for one more wreath, but it is super cute.
ReplyDeleteLove you!
K
YAY! Can't wait! :) I am definitely getting another wreath. I think he needs a top hat too, but I'm not sure how to pull that off.
Delete