

I've been working on these pages for a couple of weeks. I had a hard time figuring out what to journal for some reason. I think I was distracted by David getting ready to go to Russia (I've been very stressed about it), and I just didn't have the motivation to work on them when I should have - right after Cameron turned 7 months old. I guess if I don't do the pages right away, I start forgetting what happened which month! I do try to write things down, but anyway...
I already miss David a lot. He is on a mission trip with a small team from our church to Ekaterinburg, Russia. Their goal is to meet with an American missionary family who has been living there for a few years and work to develop a partnership between our church and a church there. They arrived in Ekaterinburg around 5 AM there (4 PM here). They're trying to get some rest now (it's Friday morning there), and then they should start their mission work (meeting with church leaders, ESL opportunities, participating in a church service, etc.). I am excited to hear about all they do. I am really missing my husband, though!
It's hard not being able to pick up the phone and talk to him like I normally do when he's on a business trip. International calls are really expensive, so we have to be very brief. He basically calls to tell me he's OK and then turns his phone off to save the battery (he doesn't have a plug adapter for the charger). I'm really hoping that he'll be able to Skype soon (with video would be great).
Even though I miss him very much, I know that he is where he's supposed to be right now. God called him to go, and I know that he will be blessed by being obedient - not to mention the blessings the Lord will provide through him to the people he meets in Russia. Here is a passage God gave me right after David told me he wanted to go.
..."Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved." How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"
~ Romans 10:13-15
That put a smile on my face because I have always joked with David about his feet being less than beautiful. :)
Earlier today, I was thinking about how much David does around the house (cooks dinner every night, helps with the boys, lets the dogs in at night and puts them out in the morning, etc.). He is a really wonderful husband. I try not to take him for granted, but I know that I often do. I really feel for single moms. Their days must be so long and trying. I also thought about husbands who are deployed for months at a time. I can only imagine how hard that is on their wives and children. Here I am worrying that I won't be able to make it through eight more days, and there are people who are doing it every day for a long, long time. Anyway... that's what I've been thinking about tonight.
I would appreciate prayers for me, the boys, and for David while he's away (and also for my Mom who graciously agreed to come stay with us for several days). If you say a prayer for us, lift one up for a single parent or military family you know, too. I know God hears our prayers and He takes care of us.
I lift up my eyes to the hills—
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the LORD,
the Maker of heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot slip—
he who watches over you will not slumber;
indeed, he who watches over Israel
will neither slumber nor sleep.
The LORD watches over you—
the LORD is your shade at your right hand;
the sun will not harm you by day,
nor the moon by night.
The LORD will keep you from all harm—
he will watch over your life;
the LORD will watch over your coming and going
both now and forevermore.
~ Psalm 121
No comments:
Post a Comment
Hi! I would love to hear from you! I try to reply to every comment, so be sure to check back. :)