Wednesday, June 24, 2009

B is for Braden!

My sweet friend, Ashley, painted a huge letter B to go on Braden's wall in his room. I ordered the B from a website that does custom letter cutting and then asked Ashley to paint it red for me. I initially thought I would just like it to be solid red, but Ashley paints such beautiful canvases with verses on them (see her work here: www.thebusybrush.blogspot.com), I thought it would be cool to have her put a verse on it, too. When I first thought about getting the B (months ago before Cameron was born and we were planning Braden's big boy room), I was browsing the web looking for a place to get an extra large letter B, and kept thinking of the hymn that goes, "Be strong, be strong, be strong in the Lord, and be of good courage for He is your guide." There are a lot of "B's" in that song. :)

Anyway, when I decided to have Ashley paint a verse, I thought it was fitting to choose Joshua 1:9 - "This is my command—be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” I think it is the perfect verse for a little boy. He sometimes gets scared at night, and I know this verse will comfort him. It's also perfect for a growing young man who will set out on his own one of these days. I wanted something that could stay in Braden's room for a long time, and I think this B will be great. Without further ado... here are some pictures!



1 comment:

  1. Yea! I am so glad you like it. It looks great above the bed. : ) It was good to see you.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I would love to hear from you! I try to reply to every comment, so be sure to check back. :)