Tuesday, September 24, 2013

A Perfect Ten?

"Eight is too few... Twelve is too many..."

Can you name that movie?

That line popped into my head this week as I just got my first ever 10" x 10" photobook! I've always thought 8" x 8" was a tad too small, but 12" x 12" was a tad too large. I recently had a free book code from Shutterfly, and when I logged on, I was excited to discover they are now offering photobooks in a 10" x 10" size!

Just for fun, here are some photos comparing the sizes:

All three (8x8, 10x10, and 12x12) stacked:

8x8-10x10-12x12

10x10 and 12x12 comparison:

10x10-12x12
Note: I ordered the same book because I would like my boys to each have their own copy. I was planning to order 8x8's for them, and keep the 12x12 for myself, but I couldn't resist trying the 10x10 size.

I asked Braden to hold and look at each book and tell me which size he liked best.

B-8x8 B-10x10 B-12x12

His choice? The 10x10! YAY!

I'm linking up with The Mom Creative for Project Life Tuesday. I don't have any new Project Life pages to share this week because I've been working on my Week in the Life album (fun!), but I hope to be back at it next week. We'll see! :)

Project Life Tuesday @ The Mom Creative

7 comments:

  1. Sleepless in Seattle lol. I'm with you, I always thought the 12x12 too larger and the 8x8 too small. Thanks for the comparisons - I'm totally going to try a 10x10!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You go it! :) I need to watch that movie again. Have fun making your book!

      Delete
  2. 10x10 looks perfect. Great to know they now offer that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I found your blog through The Mom Creative and I absolutely love your pages! I pinned a ton of awesome stuff. Thank you for review on the 10x10! I love Shutterfly and was hestiant on trying this size, but now I just have to try it. Also, on one of your blog posts you mentioned using a Simple Stories free download, did you just use the download as a jpg? Thank you! Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! :) The download from Simple Stories was a pdf. I opened it in Photoshop and then selected each card (drew the selection rectangle around them one by one) and copied them as new layers so I could drag them into my layout. It was a little tedious. I wish Simple Stories would come out with digital versions of their cards since that would be way easier! :)

      Delete
  4. Hi Jenny, I'm with you, Braden, and other commentors so far: 10X10 is the best size choice. Of course, I find myself thinking "Why did they [publishers] not know that before???" Did you order a book for me? ... I want a "Prject Life" book for my birthday or Christmas -- doesn't matter what year as long as it has all four of you in it. Of course, I'd like to see me somewhere in it, too.

    I'm still thinking about how/when to put together a book about "When Grandma Was A Little Girl." I have not yet taken time/had time (not sure which) to pick out pictures from my childhood. I have the book outlined in my head. Does that count?

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I would love to hear from you! I try to reply to every comment, so be sure to check back. :)