I do have a few for this year, though. I'm doing Project Life again, but I want to actually keep up with it this year. I know that in order to accomplish that, I'll have to put some restrictions on myself as far as how many choices I get to make each week with the design of my pages. If I treat each spread like a work of art, well... I'll get about as many done as I did last year (which was 15, by the way. That's 15 out of 52). Yeah... So, I need parameters. We'll see how that goes. :)
I have a LOT of Instagrams to share this Friday! Here we go...
1. It finally snowed! Just a little bit, though.
2. Braden says, "I caught a snowflake on my tongue!" Cameron wanted to go out in the snow, but freaked out about his boots not fitting, the air being too cold, and the snow being too crunchy. He didn't last long.
3. We went to my hometown last weekend.
4. We spent Saturday at my grandma's house. We celebrated my mom's birthday and my cousin's birthday. My mom and I will have the same digits for a couple of months. She's 63 and I'm 36. :)
5. Braden got to hold Edin, my cousin's baby girl. There's actually two of them - twin girls, Edin and Estelle, but I didn't get a picture of both of them together. They were so precious, and made me want another baby. :( Frowny face because there are probably no more babies in my future. Sigh...
6. My grandma showed Braden a picture of his great grandfather (my mom's dad) when he was in the Navy during WWII.
7. We spent Saturday night and Sunday morning at my dad's house where Braden learned the time-honored skill of making a fart noise with your armpit. Niiiiiice. It is such a boy thing. I never (even when I was 8) had a desire to do that.
8. Braden got a Darth Vader ornament from Nanny & Paw Paw. It is hilarious. It's motion activated, and Vader warns you not to peek at the presents.
9. Cameron was SO excited to get "Lightning's Shortcut." Thank you, Nanny!
10. Nanny and Darla (my step-brother's wife) made awesome sugar cookies. They were DELICIOUS. And pretty too. They added Karo syrup to the confectioner's sugar icing, which made it harden. They were SOOOOOOOO good. Oh, and she said the cookies are made with a bagged sugar cookie mix. Betty Crocker? Pillsbury? I can't remember which.
11. Braden got a remote control monster truck, and cousin Joel had fun chasing it around the yard before we left to visit my granny and then go home. It was COLD outside.
12. We had friends over for New Year's Eve, and David made black eyed pea soup for dinner and Hummingbird Cake for dessert. It was good!
13. Braden requested a pajama party with our friends' kids, and they had SO much fun together.
14. Cameron did not make it to midnight. He conked out on the couch a little after 10:00, I think. David tried to put him in bed, but he woke up and wanted to stay out with us (don't blame him... I always wanted to be where the action was when I was little too).
15. Our SWEET friends, David and Kendra.
16. My David and me - this was just after midnight on New Year's.
17. We had a blast visiting and playing games. Dave & Kendra taught us how to play Kanasta. We played boys against girls, and the boys dominated.
18. Then we played Spades (had to look up the rules since its been 20 years since I've played) and the girls won in a triumphant take-down. Awesome. :)
19. Our dishwasher is up and running again thanks to my handy man (and the new handle he ordered online). I love all the happy colors in there. I found those rainbow stripe bowls on clearance at Pier 1. :)
20. After New Year's Eve, Braden really wanted to have family game night, so we decided to try Rummikub. I hadn't played it in years. It was fun for David and me, but it was a little too slow-paced for Braden. Cameron just wanted to pick up the tiles and tell what number was on them.
21. Braden wanted me to play UNO with him. He almost always wins, and yesterday was no exception.
22. Blurry light saber fight. Braden just got to watch Return of the Jedi this week, so we are all about Star Wars right now.
Well, that's it! I hope you've enjoyed a great first week of 2013. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep doing InstaFriday this year... I like it, but doing it on Friday isn't working out so great. I organize my photos by week for Project Life, and this year, my weeks will start on Mondays and end on Sundays. So, to put together a week's worth of photos for InstaFriday means I have to pull photos from two different folders. Hmm... Maybe I'll switch to InstaMonday? Not sure yet.
Hello! I'm stopping by from Life Rearranged linkup. I just had to comment on how bright eyed you were just after midnight on NYE. Yikes! I couldn't even stay awake. Looks like you had a busy holiday week.
ReplyDeleteHi Nicole! Thanks for stopping by. :) I am a night owl, so staying up 'til midnight is a normal thing for me. Everyone else in my family... not so much. Ha!
Delete