Friday, November 23, 2012

InstaFriday

Happy Thanksgiving! Did you run out to any Black Friday sales? I thought about it for half a second, and then decided NO WAY. Too many crazy people trampling each other and such. I'll just enjoy some yummy leftovers and watch the Battle for the Golden Boot.

Here's a recap of our week via Instagram pictures:

November 16-22, 2012

2012-11-20 10.32.32 2012-11-20 10.36.04
1-2. For his birthday, Braden wanted to go see Wreck-It Ralph at the theater with a couple of his friends from school on Saturday before his birthday. David took the boys to the movie while Cam and I went to get the cake. One of his friends didn't make it on Saturday, so I took him with Braden again on Sunday. That worked out great since Braden got to see the movie twice, and David and I both got to see it too!

2012-11-20 10.39.22 2012-11-20 10.40.26
3. I walked into the playroom Monday evening to this mess. David was out taking Braden to a wind symphony concert, so I texted this picture to him so he could give Braden the stink eye on my behalf.
4. The next morning... much better.

2012-11-20 10.42.47
5. Braden worked on building this all morning (when he was avoiding cleaning the playroom). That's Luke Skywalker at the top. B staggered their seats so they wouldn't accidentally shoot each other.

2012-11-20 22.48.27 2012-11-20 22.50.53
6. Cam and I went out to check the mail, and he ran up and down the sidewalk grinning from ear to ear.
7. Cameron was excited to run inside and give Braden a birthday card that came in the mail from Nanny & Paw Paw.

2012-11-20 22.55.56 2012-11-20 22.57.44
8. Braden got a $10 birthday gift card in the mail from a local toy store, so I took him to cash it in. He was debating between some Lego men or a Webkinz, but then the shop lady pointed out this light saber which changes colors and makes noise. He was thrilled.
9. David took a break from baking pies to play Swampy (Where's My Water?). Cam wanted to play.

2012-11-20 22.59.22 2012-11-20 23.01.26
10. Pumpkin pie. My favorite.
11. David's second attempt at Pecan Pie. He made it last year, but it never set, so it was a goopy (albeit delicious) mess. This year, he added an extra egg, and that did the trick. He used Paula Deen's recipe (with an extra egg).

2012-11-20 23.08.58 2012-11-21 08.54.59
12. I got the chalkboard ready to greet Braden when he woke up on his birthday. :)
13. Braden answered the phone for a Happy Birthday call from Paw Paw.

2012-11-23 16.22.11
14-15. On the morning of Braden's birthday, David took him to the Daisy airgun museum.

2012-11-23 16.18.46

2012-11-23 16.27.07 2012-11-21 23.25.38
16. David surprised Braden with his own BB gun - a Daisy Buck.
17. David also got himself a new Daisy BB gun. :)

2012-11-21 23.29.33 2012-11-21 23.34.37
18. We went to have Thanksgiving dinner with David's parents. Cam showed Grammie his new Veggie Tales book that plays "We Wish You A Merry Christmas."
19. Time to play some 42, David's favorite family tradition.

2012-11-22 12.22.29 2012-11-22 12.32.53
20. Shooting the new BB guns with Daddy and Pa Pa.
21. Cameron had fun with a whirligig.

2012-11-22 12.49.18 2012-11-22 12.43.33
22-23. Cam and I took a walk on Pa Pa's trail and picked up pinecones and "special acorns."

2012-11-22 13.00.53 2012-11-22 13.04.12
24. BB gun target carnage. David said he felt like the bad kid in Toy Story. :)
25. My macho man. When they came inside from shooting all morning, he said, "How are the women folk?" Ha.

2012-11-20 23.06.41
26. I did a new little countdown chalkboard for the fridge (it was 34 days until Christmas when I took the picture... it's less than that now). :)

life rearranged

2 comments:

  1. I'm impressed with your son's Lego building skills! And that pumpkin pie looks yum! Great phone pics and looks like a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I would love to hear from you! I try to reply to every comment, so be sure to check back. :)