Monday, November 21, 2011

Happy Birthday, Braden!

Wow... where has the time gone? Braden is SEVEN!

DSC_4646-fix

He's so big. He's so funny. He cracks himself up. We filled out a Mad Lib together at Wendy's the other day, and I was laughing to the point of tears. People were staring. It was embarrassing. But so funny.

DSC_4833-crop-public

He loves his friends, and asks me nearly every day if we can have a playdate.

He is so good with little kids. He and Cameron play together a lot. Cameron wants to be just like him.

DSC_4662-fix

DSC_4675-fix

He's doing great in school. He's a whiz at math, and is a great reader too.

Braden-Art-Bird

He's taking a drawing class from his 1st grade teacher, and I've been amazed at his artwork.

Braden-Art-WildKratts-public

That's an aardvark crawling around underground. He loves the Wild Kratts on PBS Kids.

He loves to be outside, and often asks when he and Daddy can go camping or hiking again.

DSC_4079-fix

He's getting pretty good at ping pong. I think our school needs to start up a competitive table tennis team. He would be all over it.

DSC_4717-fix

I don't always do a great job, but I want to be his encourager...

"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth." 3 John 1:4. He's a good kid, and he's mine, and I love him so much.

10-2007 (10)-fix

Mmmmchwah! That was the sound he used to make when he gave a kiss (when he was 2).

I can't believe he's seven already. I told David at the beginning of this school year that Braden would only be a little kid for a couple more years. Once they're in 3rd or 4th grade, they're just not little anymore... I will just try to enjoy him for now, though. I love you, Braden! Happy birthday!

DSC_4918-crop

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Braden!!! You are such a sweet and special kiddo!! You make so many smile and laugh and you bring joy to many. Hope your day was super wonderful. :)
    Love you, Waind

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent entry for Braden's birthday. I really liked seeing his artwork -- I had had no idea! You said just what I feel for you: "He's a good kid, and he's mine, and I love him so much." It doesn't matter when your children "aren't little" anymore; they become beautiful rather than cute. :-)
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, that chalkboard drawing is amazing!! Can't believe how crafty, and what an amazing photo opp it made! Definitely have to remember this...although I don't think I could do it half as well as you did!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I would love to hear from you! I try to reply to every comment, so be sure to check back. :)