Sunday, July 24, 2011

Good Times

We've had some good times together since David got back from Russia (more on that later - hopefully! - I need photos). We all missed him a lot, and he's been making it a point to spend some extra time with us lately.

Last Saturday night, he fried us up some pork chops for dinner (yum!) and then took us out for dessert at Dixie Café.

DSC_1224-fix
DSC_1215-fix

We love their banana pudding.

DSC_1221-fix-crop

Braden wanted to sit at the soda bar, so he did (sort-of... as much as any six-and-1/2-year-old boy can sit on a shiny stool that swivels).

DSC_1229-fix2

In other news, Cameron has fallen in love with Cars. He's always liked to play with toy cars, but he just really loves Lightning McQueen. He asks to listen to the soundtrack (from the first movie) every time we get in the car, and then sings along to the first three songs. I watch him in the rearview mirror, and it reminds me of that talking baby in the e-trade commercials because his mouth is moving to all the right syllables. It's so cute!

Braden took a couple of pictures of us reading a book together (a book about Cars, of course!).

DSC_1235-fix
DSC_1236-fix

I told him that he always takes great pictures every time I hand him the camera (he really does!), and asked him if he would help me next week during the Week in the Life project. He was beaming, and SO excited.

And last but not least, Braden lost another tooth!! It's been wiggly for quite a while, and finally got loose enough to pull yesterday. The tooth fairy visited and gave him another dollar coin.

DSC_1242-fix

I'm thankful that David remembered, because I completely forgot (even with a sticky note and an Outlook reminder)! He's the best husband and father! I love him so much.

So, that's what we've been up to!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I would love to hear from you! I try to reply to every comment, so be sure to check back. :)