Thursday, February 26, 2009
Yawn, yawn, yawn...
Things really are going very well, but of course... we are tired. Cameron is starting to get into a routine of eating about every 3 hours. David is so wonderful. He is still doing the middle of the night feedings so that I can get a good night's rest. I think it is starting to wear on him, though. We have a little system worked out where I stay up for the late night feeding (I'm usually a night owl - or used to be, at least) and David goes to bed early (around 9-ish). It works well in theory, but so far, he has only made it to bed by 9:00 one night. Tonight he went to bed at the same time as Braden (8-ish), so I hope he's getting some good sleep. He started back to work today, so I'm sure he's tired. I'm still in pain most of the time, but it is starting to get better. I've been working on writing out the birth story, so if you're interested, you can read that at some point. :) My milk came in a few days ago, and I have been struggling with feeling guilty about not breastfeeding (as well as being in pain due to being engorged - sorry if that was TMI). I went through these emotions when Braden was born also. Nursing is not something I want to do (very painful and doesn't really work for me like it's supposed to), but I still feel like it is something I'm supposed to do. I mean, God put them there for a reason, you know? Sigh... I'm going to quit thinking about it now. I know bottle feeding is right for us. It is way easier and pain-free for me, and Braden did fine on formula. He was never a sickly child, and we think he's growing up to be quite the intelligent little guy. Cameron is already eating like a champ, and doesn't even spit up very much at all (unlike his brother). So, I really wish my hormones would give me a break.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Hi! I would love to hear from you! I try to reply to every comment, so be sure to check back. :)